Find out why millions of ASIS members enjoy The value of this award winning programRead More
there are actually seven different types of car insurance you can choose from in most cases , Here is a list of the seven types and what you need to know about each one.
1. Liability Insurance :Liability car insurance covers damages to another person resulting from an accident you cause.
2. Collision Insurance : If your car is damaged or destroyed in an accident, collision insurance coverage will typically pay to fix or replace it. Types of covered accidents include hitting another car or hitting a stationary object, like a bridge or a tree.
3. Comprehensive Insurance :Liability and collision insurance policies exclusively cover car accidents. If something else happens to your car — weather damage, theft, an animal collision — you won’t be able to get your insurance company to address the problem. With a comprehensive insurance policy, however, your insurer will handle just about any situation that comes up.
4. Uninsured Motorist Protection :Individuals who do not have liability coverage for the vehicle he or she is operating if hit your car this coverage will cover you and your passengers for Medical expenses, Pain and suffering , Lost wages. And if you also have uninsured Property damage coverage then your car will be covered too up to $3500 in California. you and your passengers will also be covered if you are the victim of a hit-and-run accident.
5. Medical / Personal-Injury Protection : Medical payments coverage can help cover the medical or funeral expenses of covered drivers and passengers after an accident, regardless of fault. In most states, it's an optional addition to your car insurance policy.
6. No-Fault Insurance : Personal injury protection coverage, sometimes called no-fault insurance coverage, pays benefits related to personal injuries resulting from an automobile accident.This coverage applies without regard to who was at fault in the accident. It covers losses tied to injuries, and does not cover damage to a car, or to any other property. No-fault insurance coverage is provided on a per-person, per-occurrence basis.
7. Gap Insurance :If you are still making car payments, gap insurance may be a good choice. It’s meant for drivers who still owe money on their cars and need to pay off the vehicle if it is totaled in an accident. It’s generally a good choice if you owe more on your car than you could easily pay off on short notice.
8- Road aside Assistance/Towing : Emergency Road Service will cover , 1-When you're locked out of your car . 2-You need a tow not related to an accident . 3-Jumping a dead car battery . 4-Assistance replacing a flat tire with your spare . 5-Delivering gas when your tank is empty.
9- Rental Car : It protects you from significant out-of-pocket expenses associated with loss or damage to the vehicle, including theft. Rental car insurance can cost roughly $20 to $40, depending on what plan you select.
Special Saving on Auto & Home insurance for ASIS members
The most popular discounts we offer 1-Multiple policies (bundling). 2-Good student. 3-Multivehicle. 4-Anti-theft. 5-Passive restraint.